Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Break/ First class!

This is the first blog I have ever written. I have always thought blogger and twitter were kind of dumb but now I can see how it can be used to stay in touch and learn new things from other people in the physical education department on a professional level. When I'm home I am always trying to find ways to improve my teaching skills.  Over winter break I brought my brothers bowling and taught them the correct way to roll a bowling ball to the best of my ability (I'm only a decent bowler!) Also, I went to my brothers middle school basketball game and watched him play. After the game I pointed out some of the things he was doing wrong and gave him tips on how to protect the ball when dribbling and driving to the basket to make a layup. My two brothers are in 6th and 7th grade so they are a constant way to get better at teaching the necessary skills for different activities.  The first PED 201 class was a little overwhelming at first. When I got to St. Mary's I wasn't exactly sure what to expect and when I learned that we were going to be working with the students the first day I was a little nervous.  However after I went through the class I became a lot more comfortable with the kids and actually started having fun with them.  It was a great time and I'm excited to go back and work with them again. I went into St. Mary's nervous and unsure about myself but after one class I would say it's now one of the classes I look forward to going to!


Lab 1 questions

No comments:

Post a Comment